The Sharjah Commerce and Tourism Development Authority (SCTDA) launched the first interactive map of Sharjah for residents and visitors to visit and know more about the emirate. Windows version and mobile version are all available now.
Map users can find major tourist attractions, historical sites, hotels, and other major facilities (e.g. police offices) across all the major cities (e.g. Khorfakkan, Kalba, Dibba Al Hisn) on the map. Users can better search specific information by utilizing the filtering feature in various category legends.
According to the saying from SCTDA’s director general, Khalid Jasim Al Midfa, the interactive map is used to enforce and boost smart & e-governance solutions in all areas and activities of the tourism sector in the emirate. Meanwhile, the SCTDA is also working on a number of projects in IT field to develop and improve customer service solutions in order to boost the tourism.
Currently, the map is provided in Arabic and English.
Map Reviews: 2.5/5 Stars.
- The loading of the map is not that smooth that it may take minutes to completely load the map.
- Mouse click infobox for the markers would be popped up on the top right corner , an position that users may miss the box.
- Detailed information is not provided in the popup infoboxes.
- Not all makers have an infobox so the map is not that informative enough,
- Seems the category legend of “History” is worthless.
- It is a bit wired that maps of Khorfakkan, Kalba and Dibba Al Hisn are being put besides the Sharjah map.
- Seems that the search function does not function well that nothing happens after entering an address or building name into the search box.
Better version is needed to make it more user-friendly if the authority really needs it to boost the tourism.